Southern Company Engineer/ Cyber Security Analyst (Plant Vogtle 1&2) in Waynesboro, Georgia
Engineer/ Cyber Security Analyst (Plant Vogtle 1&2)
CYBER SECURITY ENGINEER/ANALYST* - PLANT VOGTLE 1&2
JOB SUMMARY :
SNC Cyber Security has an opening for a Cyber Security Engineer/Analyst. This position would be responsible for protecting the operating assets of Southern Nuclear and ensuring compliance to 10 CFR 73.54 (the cyber security rule). This will be done by detecting, responding to and eliminating cyber security threats experienced from procurement through disposal of critical digital assets. The incumbent will be responsible for assisting Site Design during new digital projects, performing periodic surveillances on Critical Digital Assets, and Performing/Preparing for Cyber Security Incident Response Scenarios. This position may be filled up to an exempt level 6, and the selected candidate’s grade and job title will be commensurate with his/her experiences, knowledge, and training.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
This position implements the Cyber Security program by:
• Performing surveillances, and reviewing SIEM logs for Cyber Security Equipment
• Performing and reviewing Cyber Security Assessments
• Performing and reviewing vulnerability assessments to address new vulnerabilities on existing equipment
• Understanding, relating, and translating cyber security regulatory requirements into information security policy, standards, procedures and guidelines
• Understanding the cyber security implications surrounding the overall architecture of plant networks, operating systems, hardware platforms, plant-specific applications, and the services and protocols upon which those applications rely
• Assisting in the ongoing development of Southern Nuclear’s cyber security program – identify areas of opportunity, research alternatives, and develop solutions
• Providing cyber security input on self assessments to improve the program
• Investigating, containing and mitigating incidents involving critical digital assets
• Ensuring the reliability of assigned plant systems. Solving system and component problems, providing direct technical support for operation and maintenance, and plan long term performance improvements.
• Assisting in troubleshooting and recovery of compromised systems
• Mentoring other cyber and design engineers
• Participating in cross functional upgrades and designs
• Coordinating with other departments to ensure programmatic requirements are implemented
• Identifying required periodic maintenance tasks for critical digital assets
• Performing engineering duty and emergency response duty as required
• Other duties as required
• Associates degree or higher related to computer engineering, computer science, Information Technology Security, cyber security, network management from an accredited college or university is required.
• CISSP, GSEC, CISM, or other equivalent training and certification preferred
• An ABET Engineering degree or PE license is preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• A minimum of two (2) years of related cyber security or networking experience preferred
• At minimum of two (2) years experience in nuclear power work is preferred.
• Experience with Digital Control Systems or Computer Systems is preferred.
• Previous experience with Cyber Security equipment, processes, and regulations is preferred
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
• Working knowledge of common cyber security tools, including: anti-virus, whitelisting, HIDS, NIDS, firewalls, data diodes, switches, and SIEMs
• Experience with the design or troubleshooting of complex networks is preferred
• Ability to program in at least one language is preferred
• An ability to solve problems and make timely and sound engineering decisions, based on experience and appropriate industry practices is preferred
• Experience with digital industrial control systems and networking devices is preferred.
• Working knowledge of applicable discipline codes, standards and regulatory requirements related to the nuclear power industry is preferred.
• Must exhibit the Southern Company’s Values: - Safety First, Unquestionable Trust, Superior Performance, Total Commitment
o Safety First: Believe the safety of our employees and customers is paramount. Will perform and maintain every job, every day, safely.
o Unquestionable Trust: Honesty, respect, fairness and integrity drive behaviors. Keeps promises and has ethical behavior as a standard
o Superior Performance: Dedicated to superior performance and sets high expectations. Strong focus on innovative solutions, improving how the business is run and the company’s commitment to environmental stewardship
o Total Commitment: Committed to success of employees, customers, and shareholders and to citizenship and stewardship, fully embrace respect, and values differences and diversity
• Satisfactory completion of the Engineering Orientation training program may be required
• Must be willing to relocate within a 60 minute radius of the plant for emergency response duty
* THIS POSITION CAN BE FILLED AS AN ENGINEER OR AN ANALYST. THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE'S EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND WILL DETERMINE THE JOB TITLE OF THE POSITION.
Please note: This position may require the successful completion of the SNC Initial Engineering Training as a condition of continued employment. The training is a rigorous period that may require studying after work hours.*
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America’s premier energy company, with 44,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million electric and gas utility customers through its subsidiaries. The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric utilities in four states, natural gas distribution utilities in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a national recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications. Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America’s energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top utilities in Fortune’s annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Engineering
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-East Georgia-Waynesboro
Operating Company: Southern Nuclear Operating Co
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
Plant Vogtle - 7821 River Road (7821WAYNESBORO)
7821 River Road
Req ID: SNC2005828